Friday, April 11, 2008

My weekend plans.


Tonight I am going to make some chocolate chip cookies as soon as I get home, I'll be using milk chocolate chips. YUCK, I know. They're what Ryan likes so I do it every once in a while to please my man. Actually this will be my first time using milk chocolate chips. Then Ryan's little brother Chris should be arriving at our house as I'm pulling them out of the oven and we'll be loading in his infiniti to go to Beaver Dam, AZ to escort Ryan's grandmother (as Chris calls her, emphasis on GRAND) back to her summer home in Payson. I already got a substitute for my Primary class, two weeks of not doing a lesson, yahoo for me. I think on Saturday we'll go see this. I'm sure there will a good picture to post, Ryan and his brother like to wear old man jump suits in Beaver Dam. They're such characters. One time we were at Hoover Dam and got separated from Chris and he had to walk two miles to meet us at the car in his jumpsuit. He was channeling Forrest Gump when he ran across the county, wild hair and beard. If you know Chris this story is quite funny. I'm laughing right now. I wish I could write as well as my sister, she has the ability to draw a picture in the mind of the reader. Oh how I miss the folks in Iowa.

4 comments:

The Yarn Queen said...

Have a rouring good time Ms Sara. I love the pictures of the overalls and then i dropped down a frame and laughed my socks off. My brother sent me one but it's too gross to share today.

Kate Smith said...

Sara. I just spent 10 minutes looking for a picture I thought I took of the boys in their coveralls. That GRANDma sure is great and Chris is super funny. We still laugh about when Chris did the impression of grandma calling to GRannnnndpppaaaa.
Good luck with American - we're on them in 3 weeks to Argentina.

Anonymous said...

be sure to scroll down to the picture below the coverall picture. i don't know where sara gets her photos (maybe inside that new convection oven of hers) but they are the best. Linette

Anonymous said...

I know Christopher Garff "personally"--if you know what I mean--and, yes, knowing him that story sounds quite humorous.