Monday, April 28, 2008

How I spent my one year anniversary.



Ryan and I had our wedding reception catered by Sugarhouse BBQ, it was fantastic. I planned all year long that we would return on our first anniversary and enjoy ribs, brisket, and of course their greek potatoes. Seriously, that food was so good. I still have people tell me how good the food at our reception was. Anyhoo, about a month ago a man in our ward (I would go into a detailed description of him, but I got in trouble by my husband and my sister and her husband for the description of my co-worker and I offer my sincerest apologies for that rude entry.) so this man has been inviting Ryan and I to dinner for a month and it has never worked out. He cancelled on us because of a family emergency then we cancelled on him because of a viewing I wanted to attend. Every time we rescheduled it had to be for the following Monday, always a Monday. So last Monday Ryan told me it was rescheduled for the 28th. Hmm, that's a familiar date. Oh, our anniversary, of course! I tell Ryan that he has to call and cancel, I refuse to spend my first anniversary at an uncomfortable dinner with people I barely know. Ryan said he would tell him at church that we couldn't go and reschedule for the following Monday. Well this guy got to me before Ryan could talk to him and asked me, in such a sheepish whisper I might add, if we were still on for dinner tomorrow. I wanted to say "No, it's our first wedding anniversary. My husband forgot and scheduled with you. I'm sorry but we'll just have to reschedule for the day after NEVER." Instead I said "Uh, okay. It's just, yeah, tomorrow is fine." We just got home the said dinner which also happened to be a lovely presentation about fire safety where we were told that our house is going to burn to the ground unless we buy their smoke detectors which they wouldn't even tell you how much they cost until they can come to your house and give you a quote.

We made the night worth it, we stopped at Nielsen's Frozen Custard on the way home.

I'm not complaining, simply sharing.

I would also like to point out that my friend Candace is flipping off the camera in the above photo.

4 comments:

Dallas said...

Welcome back! Nice birdie, Candace.

Shannon Smith said...

Ah, I see that Dallas didn't mention our 1st anniversary. It was not a good one. He had been reffing hockey all day. Instead of coming home when I expected him, I got a phone call saying that his boss was practically begging, bribing, forcing him to work two more games. He got home way late and we finally went out to dinner at TGIFridays. I was not the most pleasant company during that dinner. Don't worry, you'll have lots of other anniversaries to have fun and interesting experiences. Remind me and one day I'll tell you about our 2nd anniversary!

Megan said...

Hey, the day after your anniversary is one day better than your anniversary anyway, right? Link and I celebrated ours a day early this year as ours was on the 27th, Sunday.

All happy cheery comfort aside, I'd have been a little ticked off too. I don't care for blatant disrespect of my time. If you want to sell me something, send me a brochure. And this is coming from someone who has worked as a commissioned sales person. Irritating people who aren't going to buy your product anyway only accomplishes putting both of you in a foul mood.

There, you don't have to complain. I will do it for you.

You look stunning in your wedding picture, BTW.

Happy Anniversary!

Kara said...

Certainly a dinner to remember. Happy anniversary to you and happy birthday to Liz? And where's that baby, Liz? Any minute now.