My sissie has been at the hospital since 6am this morning to have her baby. I thought number 4 would practically slide out. Not to take anything away from childbirth, it's seriously my biggest fear. I know that pioneer women had babies on the trail then got up and kept walking, I know gazillions of women have given birth in the past, I know that I have been born in a time that modern medicine should give me some comfort, but I am deathly afraid to give birth. More afraid than tsunami's (Liz's biggest fear is a tsunami, maybe I should tell her she lives in the prairie), earthquakes, fires, having a stranger break into my house while Ryan is gone at guard, even petting zoos and they REALLY scare me. Now...what was I saying? Oh yeah, my sister, the hospital and her un-named baby boy, the stubborn little bugger. I wish I could be there with her but I'm not. Boo hoo. I wish her the best of luck! I can't wait to meet my new nephew. I hope I like him as much as I like the other three. Just kidding, I know I'll want to keep him for my own. Maybe I can talk my sister into having a baby for me, hers are just so good looking AND smart. If anyone has ever seen March of the Penguins there's a scene where one penguin is sneaking up on another penguin to steal her baby, I can relate. But what am I thinking, I AM married to Ryan Herschal Garff after all. I just love Liz's kids so much, it's unreal. It's funny how much love we're capable of. I never thought I could love so many people as much as I do. I ramble, I know. I use bad grammar and punctuation, I know that too. Atleast I used the right number of o's in too.
Love ya' sis! Not that you're even reading this.
2 comments:
I'm not going to lie to you Sara. You're right to be afraid. It's been over a year and I still shudder about having a baby. It's painful. But SO worth it! I can't believe we're going to have another nephew. I got a new one this morning too. Jonny had a boy.
Oh, I can so relate. I love, love my nieces and nephews and the whole not being there when your sister gives birth should be illegal, the agony. As far as childbirth goes, you have nothing to worry about. I was actually more afraid of the actual baby before I had "W", but childbirth is a breeze, and that's from someone who took a long time. The epidural makes you feel displaced from the rest of your body.
Post a Comment