Wednesday, May 21, 2008

What's in a name?

My dad calls me "two mules". In the 6th grade I was called "Ostrich girl". Andrew VonNeiderhausern dubbed me "bubble head". As of lately my brother-in-law, Chris, calls me Sar-Bear. Usually it's out of annoyance when I'm having problems getting up on the ski, "Come on Sar-Bear, that grip's not going to {blankety blank} cut it!" Then there's the names Ryan calls me, Princess, Camper, Wife, Peaches and my favorite Sport.

I'm curious about others' nicknames. Does anyone have a nickname that has lasted throught the years or possibly from their spouse they'd be willing to divulge? I'd love to hear them.



Pictured above is Two Mules and her sister. Liz, feel free to tell us the nickname dad gave you when you were a baby. It's a good one.

8 comments:

Dallas said...

"Bub" has been my nickname since I was a baby. It evolved from "baby" to "bubby" to Bub. Remember those t-shirts in the 80's that you could get your name ironed on the back in felt letters? I had one that said "Bubbles", my dad used to call me that (I outgrew that particular variation around age 27). Not too many people call me Bub now. If you knew me in the 80's, you can call me Bub. Or if you have written consent.

Shannon Smith said...

My mom calls me Shan-ban and it drives me crazy. I love the picture of you and Liz.

The Yarn Queen said...

The Princess calls PBTB BUTTHead. The King had different nicknames every month that went with the new song he had made up. So not many stuck. I went by my maiden name until after i got married and now I'm just me.

Phoebe said...

Yes, it's true, PBTB and I call each other Butthead. We've tried to stop, it's hard. I've also been called boo-boo (hate that), PA, Phoebs. oh, I answered your comment through your e-mail on you blog. Do you check that one?

Liz said...

The only nickname that has stuck around is Lizard. Is there another one to which you refer? And a couple of years ago I started being called Rosie by some neighbor girls. They and their mom, my good friend, still call me that.

P.S. There was a whole level on Gradius 3 that Andrew dubbed "Sara Land" because it was full of bubbles.

P.P.S. We still call you Slara sometimes.

Sara said...

Did dad not call you Fart Blossom when you were a baby? I laugh just typing that one.

Kara said...

You can see the family resemblance between Sara and Jack in this picture. They're both beautiful people.

THE COX FAMILY said...

I love this picture.