I love going to plays. For a Christmas gift to Ryan I bought him tickets to see Les Miserables(He loves that music, we listen to it to/from Lake Powell and all the Garff boys sing along.). He didn't end up going with me, I took my cousin.
Wicked is coming to Salt Lake. Ryan said he could take it or leave it. We had a down day on our trip to Upper State New York, I tried to convince Ryan to drive to Manhattan and we could see a Broadway play. I've seen six plays on Broadway and that's not nearly enough. He didn't want to do that at all. We ended up driving to a nearby lake to check that out.
Yesterday I was working in the garden and Ryan was working on the sprinklers and here's our conversation.
Ryan: Hey, wanna go to see Saturday's Warrior?
Me:(pause) What did you say?
Ryan: Never mind.
Me: I thought you said you wanted to go see Saturday's Warrior.
Ryan: I did.
Me: (singing loudly) Jimmy oh Jimmy don't listen to them. How can you think they're your friends?
Ryan: So...wanna go?
Me: Okay.
Hey, it's not Wicked, but it's a start.
3 comments:
When I worked at the Promised Valley Playhouse, we did Saturday's Warriors as a stake production. It ran for one week, so we renamed show each night. The only one I can remember is Tuesdays Terrorists. Oh how I miss the plan of salvation (sort of) set in a kind of funky 80's way.
That's a huge stride to togetherness at the play. I gave David tickets to Hale theatre, it was like pulling teeth every time we went but we made most of them. I had more fun with the daughters when we went together though they wouldn't try to hide it when then laughed.
Hysterical
I want a full review!
Post a Comment