Friday, May 9, 2008

What am I going to do with all this ham fried rice?


I've done quite well on my list of things to accomplish while Ryan is away. I thought to reward myself I would get chinese take-out and enjoy, hopefully enjoy and not endure 48 minutes of pure agony, the Jazz game. I'm watching pre-game and Big T looks great in his red vest. Now, what was the point of my post? Oh, my take-out. I was talking to someone at work whose opinion I trust when it comes to food, he loves The Mandrin and Little World, he referred me to a particular Chinese restaraunt in Ogden and told me which dishes to try...beef and brocolli, szechwan chicken, and peking rice which is ham fried with shrimp instea of ham. All day I was drooling over the thought of my Szechwan Chicken I would be eating later.

After work I arrived at the restaraunt, ordered the chicken and beef and I wanted to substitute peking rice for the ham fried that came with both dishes. Of course I would've paid extra. For some reason the guy taking my order and I weren't communicating very well, I accept full responsibility. After a confusing order I had spent $26 and had enough food coming my way to feed myself, my husband, my sister and her family, and all of you. I realized the horror of my situation, I panicked. {I do that pretty often and make rash decisions.} Instead of removing some of the dishes, I had him add 3 eggrolls so he wouldn't think all the food was for me. I handed over all my cash, sat down and pretended to call home to report I'd be there in 20 minutes.

I have a serious problem.

I hope I have hungry neighbors.

I know this picture has nothing to with the post but I'm a firm believer that all posts needs pictures and to introduce you to my sister-in-law Kirstin.

3 comments:

Shannon Smith said...

I did a similar thing the other day at Cafe Rio. Lunch the next day was mighty tasty. Mr. O will take your ham fried rice. In fact, he won't eat any other rice now. All he wants is, "the Chinese food rice." Two nights ago, we were having rice with our dinner. In order to get him to eat it, I chopped up a piece of lunch meat ham, added a little cheese and voila! we had a decoy!

Linette Smith said...

it so was fun to see your highness last night. i think the Jazz will win tonight--this is my gut feeling.
sincerely, your highnesses servant Linette

Sara said...

I think I just lost 5lbs. because I was laughing so hard at this post.

I would just like to restate the fact that I love you and miss you!