Friday, May 2, 2008

Oops

I recently had one of those "what was I thinking?" occasions.

Here's the background. I was scanning my usual blogs while listening to the news. I heard these snippits of a news story "Mormon mom making enough money on her blog for herself and her husband to stay at home." Sounds cool, right? I was already logged on and just added her to my fun reads right along with my current obsessions, bolt and pw, and thought I would read her blog in detail the following day. A week or so had gone by and I just got around to reading her blog yesterday and was horrified. She was raised Mormon and now calls herself "a recovering Mormon". What was I thinking...not reviewing something before I linked it? I'm so sorry if anyone read that link and thought I support that site. I'm so so sorry. If you didn't just pretend this entry doesn't exist. I obviuosly can't handle the responsibilties of publishing my own blog.

I'm going to go read the Ensign now.

5 comments:

Shannon Smith said...

Whew! I did go check it out and I must admit that I was a little surprised that you visited that site. Glad to hear you were as appalled as I was at some of the content. I think I'll go read the Friend.

Phoebe said...

Lol! You must be talking about Duce. I did the same thing. I was more than offended after glimpsing at her blog one day (not from your link). Can you believe how much recognition negativity can get you?

Megan said...

So funny. I saw the link on your blog and wondered if she had taken a turn for the better. Some of my friends read her, despite her negativity, because they think she is a good writer. I think there are plenty of other good writers with more positive things to say out there.
Hope you enjoyed your Ensign.
You're too funny.

THE COX FAMILY said...

Sara I think something is wrong with me. I swear I check blogs once a day or every other day and I look today and there are like ten new posts from you. What the heck. I am lame. First- Congratulations to Liz and Bob, that is so exciting. Second I'm really sorry about the game Wednesday, you and Ryan were in my thoughts. Third Happy freaking anniversary, I can't believe it's already been a year. And finally if the Jazz win tonight I will have a fabulous shirt that says "Beat LA" for you.

P.S.- Candace is hilarious!

Phoebe said...

PS I forgot to mention how honored I am to be added to a "fun reads" blogroll. I am glad you enjoy it.