Monday, February 18, 2008

Mullets in primary (and cake)

I'm lucky enough to be able to teach the 7&8 year olds in primary. I would never normally post something someone said in a prayer but this is just too good. There is a set of twin boys who don't come to church very often but they happen to be there yesterday. They both have mullets, earrings, and their r's sound like w's. When I asked for a volunteer for the closing prayer they both shot their hands in the air, so I called on one of them. He said, "Please keep this building standing so we can keep coming to chuwch, and please help the poow people to get some money so we don't have to have poow people awound us and so they can buy clothes and food so they don't stawve, and stuff like that." I must be maturing because I didn't laugh outloud during the prayer. Good for me. Maybe you had to be there, but I laughed about it all day yesterday.

I also made a cake that tasted like bondo because Ryan was working on the floors while I baked. It was a real tragedy.

3 comments:

THE COX FAMILY said...

Sara I miss you. That is hilarious.

Dallas said...

Awesome stowy.

Anonymous said...

Good for people to know.