Friday, November 19, 2010

What I've Learned Lately.

Okay, another post about parenting. But seriously, I have nothing else going on right now.


~If the chicken I made for dinner is too hot for myself, I probably shouldn't feed it to my toddler. He screamed and kept trying to scrape layers off his tongue.

~If my 1 1/2 year old gets crumbs in my bed because I let him bring crackers in my bed, it's my fault. Not his.

~No matter how much I want him to, Grant is not going to sit through a movie in the theater anytime soon. I don't think I'm going to pay $8 to hang out in a hallway anymore.

~If you have a tendency to say things like shit, damn, and hell they may be repeated by your toddler.

~Your kids are way less annoying if you actually pay attention to them instead of trying ignore them so you can look up secret people on facebook.

~I should not watch those damn, I mean darn, cop dramas on TV. Too scary for me.



~If I put my fingers in my son's mouth to check for new teeth, I'm going to get bit. Again, my fault, not his. I still bit him back.

I hope this doesn't sound like a bunch of complaining. I love my life more than I thought possible.




How couldn't I?

3 comments:

mae said...

Funny post.

Have a happy Thanksgiving!

Aubrey Garff said...

Awesome insight. I especially like the part about being less annoying if you pay attention, that is a lesson I need to learn.

Liz said...

Also, parenting would be so much easier if your sister lived in the same town. Just sayin' I would not have let you spend the movie hanging out in the hall.