I went to Texas for Thanksgiving. It was magical. My son loves his grandpa so much. Every morning I would wake up to find my dad had done the dishes from the night before and he'd be cuddling with Grant on the couch while they both drank chocolate milk and watched tv.
We ate, played the Wii, ate, went shopping, ate, watched movies, ate,went for a surrey ride(a surrey is a horse drawn buggy used in the old days to transport people from the train station to hotels. don't feel bad if you didn't know what a surrey was. I didn't either but pretended I did so my step mom wouldn't know how dumb I am), played with Frankie the dog and tortured Felix the cat, ate, watched season one of Modern Family, cut down our own Christmas Tree, ate, drank super special grape juice, and did I mention we ate?
My dad works a lot. He tells me on the phone that he's working a lot of hours and I would think "Yeah, yeah, yeah. You say you're working day and night but you're really not. How can someone really work all day and all night. He's just exaggerating." But seriously, he works all day all night and all day. He even took it easy while I was there so he could hang out with us and give me and Grant nouggies (how do you spell that?).
Those two weeks went by way too fast. The morning we woke up in our own beds, Grant was standing up in his crib yelling, "Grandpa! Grandpa! Grandpa!" He was pretty disappointed to see me, he knew he'd be getting white milk.
Thanks for such a great visit. We love you so much.
Thanks for such a great visit. We love you so much.
1 comment:
I would love to spend two weeks in Texas with dad. It sounds like heaven. The dog just farted and it stinks, but not as bad as Max used to stink.
Post a Comment