Monday, March 10, 2008

"You need a better system"


says the husband as he takes a bite of the chocolate chip cookies I made and forgot to put in the sugar. That's 3 times now that I've made something and have forgotten a key ingredient. Ryan said I should make a mark by each ingredient as I put in the bowl. I say I can handle following a stupid recipe, but I have done it 3 times now. Hmmm.

9 comments:

Megan said...

You crack me up!

Nick said...

I think that you should start writing notes in your recipe books. You know, like when making a pot-roast dinner, you could write in the margin something like "add beef". Just little reminders.

THE COX FAMILY said...

Sara that does not sound like something you would do.

Kate Smith said...

I do like Nick's suggestions, but write in recipe books like you would a journal. I've got several entries featuring the Wait family. A good system for baking would be Ryan marking ingredients off as you add them.

Shannon Smith said...

What's Ryan complaining about, he's getting fresh baked goods!

Dallas said...

Shannon once put sweetened condensed milk in a Mexican recipe instead of condensed milk.Yuck!

Danielle&Lincoln said...

I don't belive it! That is not you.

Liz said...

you so crazy

Kara said...

One perhaps useful suggestion from an Ace Hardware cooking class- Put all of the ingredients on one cookie sheet before you start mixing. As you use the ingredient either put it away or transfer everything to a separate cookie sheet. If the ingredient hasn't moved, you haven't used it.