About two and half years ago (when I was a California resident) my friend Sara O. and I really wanted to do some serious celebrity gawking and thought, "Hmm, we should go have lunch at The Ivy, we're sure to see Brad Pitt, he'll fall in love with us at first sight and ditch Angelina and all her little rugrats too and live happily ever after." (I know the Smith's see all kinds of celebrities at Disneyland and Farmers Market, but I was never so lucky.)
We decided to make reservations, they had to be 3 weeks in advance, and went for our fancy lunch in L.A. We had an appetizer, we both ordered salads and both had Diet Cokes. Our waiter gave us free dessert and our bill was...$90. Yes, I did say $90, BEFORE TIP. I must say the salad was delicious but not worth $90 or the sighting of a radio DJ made famous by American Idol, Ryan Seacrest.

So here's the point, I just had dinner at California Pizza Kitchen at the Gateway and had the EXACT. SAME. SALAD. for $7.95, I paid $4 extra for grilled shrimp for a grand total of $11.95. I also saw Christina Ricci, Catherine O'Hara, and Reese Witherspoon.
I'm such a sucker.
7 comments:
Sara - did you see those celebrities in the movie? Or actually in the store? Oh my heck if you actually saw them!
the movie, no oh my heck for me.
You wonder if the celebrities who eat there ever have to make reservations. Did you at least see paparazzi staking out the joint?
paparazzi was all over the place.
oh man, a year ago I would have been your lunch date.
I saw Bono (from U2) in Disneyland once... I did have a Smith close to me for that to happen tho.
Hernan
xoy80.wordpress.com
Oh Sara whats the fun of life if you don't go out on a limb for such crazy things as eating at the Ivy. Now you can write about it and cross it off your list of great? experiences. Hurray for Life! You could be like the King and make believe the people sitting next to you are famous or about to be. That works LOL
Post a Comment