Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Have You Ever Seen a Kangaroo?

How about a one-legged kangaroo?
Ever been kissed by a camel?

We did both of these things this weekend.
We went to a strange zoo in Moapa, Nevada.
A monkey jumped on my shoulder and I hated it. I've never liked petting zoos. There's something about being in an enclosed area with unpredictable animals that makes me nervous. Imagine the average petting zoo. Now subtract the sheep and lambs and add a room full of ropes with monkeys that I swear were on crack, ant-eaters with bloody tails, and sloths. Our tour guide sensed my nervousness and told me I should leave the room if I'm uncomfortable with the thought of these animals jumping on me. I left.



This is Ryan's grandma. I love her, so.


4 comments:

THE COX FAMILY said...

I've never been to a petting zoo. I think I would be just as nervous though.

Kate Smith said...

Where the heck have you been besides a creepy zoo!! Stop by and see us sometime!!

test said...

test

Anonymous said...

test