Monday, October 19, 2009

The Caboodle...Revisited.

Lately when I'm doing my make-up I get so frustrated trying to sift my way through my make-up bag to find my eyeliner brush or the shade of eyeshadow I want to use for my brow bone or my solitary lip liner.


Today, my mind wandered back to the Caboodle. I like totally thought of 6th grade sleepovers when we all had our Caboodles stuffed with Dr. Pepper Lip Smacker and Wet 'n Wild lip glosses. It was then I decided, I must buy myself a Caboodle. Today.


I went to Wal Marts and discovered, much to my dismay, Caboodles are expensive! We're talking $25. I wandered over to Sporting Goods and found myself the Caboodle for the cheapskate.




This, my friends, is a tackle box.




This particular tackle box isn't filled with fish hooks and fishing line,


It's filled with eye shadows


...and lipsticks



...and make-up brushes.

Basically, a 6th grade girl's dream. And mine, too.

And the obligatory picture of my son.





9 comments:

Liz said...

Oh good, I was starting to think that my nephew would not be making an appearance today. I just cleaned out George's wardrobe and now Grant will get a nice new/used wardrobe when he comes to visit.

Remember our pink and purple caboodle? that was awesome. Jack and Creed have their own tackle boxes filled with their treasures. I need to get one for Stella's hair care/necklaces. Thanks for the reminder.

See you soon!

Danielle&Lincoln said...

Sara...
I love your box! We should plan a GNO with lacie! And your little guy Grant is so Handsome, I have to say he looks just like you....

diana said...

Look at those eyelashes! He is so cute.

And I had a caboodle. Didn't have much to put in it though. Probably wouldn't now either. I'd love to go shopping through your makeup. You have everything!

mae said...

I like your thinkin'

Hey- Zumba and dinner at my house at 6:00 tommorrow. Invite your mom.

Grant is so, so cute.

Aubrey Garff said...

My caboodle was purple and green and I even took it to college with me! oh the good old days.

Sara said...

I had a pink & purple caboodle too! and I love the tackle box idea....I need to consider that.

Also, i need to see you little Mr. Garff in person soon!!! don't know if I'll be making it up there soon, but a trip in December is in the works. I'll keep you posted.

Sue said...

Caboodles, ha ha! Loved it. And LOVED the pic of Grant, cutest ever!

THE COX FAMILY said...

Awesome Idea! But I don't think I have enough makeup to fit in one of those.

The Yarn Queen said...

Love tackle boxes, they are great for all sorts of things. Megan had one for drama make-up we always used them for art supplies. We should have a contest on who can come up with the greatest use of a tackle box (non fishing). :-)