Monday, April 27, 2009

What was I thinking?

It was my sophomore year in high school. My
cool older sister had a party for graduation and I hit one of her friend's cars in the driveway and didn't tell my parents, I thought I could save the money and pay for the cracked tail light without them ever knowing. I don't know how I thought I would save the money, I didn't have a job. My dad always said we would work our whole lives, just enjoy high school and he'd give us money when we needed it. Well, after a few weeks of the incident, the girl called our house to collect the money and my mom answered the phone. My secret was out.

"What was I thinking?"

My senior year in high school I was pretending to be mad and I used all the strength I could muster to throw open our garage door. It broke, costing my parents hundreds of dollars in repairs.

"What was I thinking?"

Just a few weeks ago, I needed to shower but Grant wouldn't fall asleep so I put him in his vibrating chair outside the shower so when his bink fell out I could slip my arm out of the shower door and put it back in his mouth. When I got out, he was soaking wet. He was getting sprayed by the shower over the door.

"What was I thinking?"

I hated 7th grade. We were moving to Utah the summer before I started 8th grade and someone signed my yearbook, "Have fun in Utah. I know I will here. I won't have to look at your ugly face ever again." I literally didn't have any friends and I hated eating lunch by myself. I wanted detention during lunch so I called a girl a bitch within earshot of a teacher. Now, not only did I not have friends but I managed to make myself an enemy.

"What was I thinking?" Upon arrival in the Beehive state I made my first friend, and life was good.

4 comments:

Megan said...

:) I remember that day! I was so excited that you were moving in next door.
As for the rest of those, things, well, we've all been there or close to there. Just think in a year Grant will be trying to climb in the shower with you then entire time you are showering and end up soaking wet that way!

Christie said...

I seriously hate the people who were so mean to you. That is ridiculous.

And I laughed out loud (not LOL, I never LOL) at your putting the baby just outside the shower and him getting all soaked. Been there, done that.

By your second and third babies you'll just let them scream it out in their beds. Mark my words.

Dallas said...

She was a bitch.

mae said...

Why are tween girls such biotches???

I have to say that the rest of your post is hilarious. You were pretending to be mad? That just makes me giggle.