Friday, April 10, 2009

He makes me laugh.

Grant is sleeping, he starts to get agitated, really squirmy, his face turns beet red. I think he's going to wake up ready to feed. But wait, he ate only 45 mins ago. Did he not get enough to eat? Is my milk drying up? Did I not drink enough water today? Have I not consumed enough calories to produce the milk my growing son needs?

Then he farts, he farts loud, and drifts back peacefully into dream land.

I laugh.

When does farting become gross? When we know better, I guess.

4 comments:

Megan said...

Oh wait until HE laughs after he farts. Then you will face the parental dilemma, should you laugh (it's super funny) or is he old enough to understand???
Me, I laugh.

Liz said...

Holy cow, george couldn't sleep last night b/c his gas was so uncomfortable. I finally brought him into my bed (bob was on call) and every time he started to squirm, I massaged his belly until the gas passed. Now THAT was satisfying. Almost as satisfying as pulling giant boogers out of stella's nose used to be. Aaahhh, those were the days.

mae said...

Awwww, baby farts. So cute.

Melissa said...

You are so funny! Have you tried mylcon drops? They are wonderful, for when he won't go back to sleep...