I remember growing up and following my mom all around the house. If she was going to make her bed I would follow her. If she was going to work in the kitchen, I would follow her. I remember this very clearly.
I've been feeling like that again lately. We are currently doing a fairly large remodel in our house. Last night, I just followed Ry everywhere he went. I tried to be helpful in the process, having the tool ready that he was going to need and so on, but I told him about how I remembered following my mom everywhere when I was a kid, and his reply was "I bet she just loved that."
Maybe he was giving me a hint that I could serve a better purpose in the kitchen or something.
Seriously, this is such a boring post, but it's all I got.
8 comments:
David will actually tell me to leave him alone and let him work! A great example of this was when we were building our house....yeah...o well great for us right! We can sit back with a coke and a smile while they work!
You're so lucky you have a house. Sigh.
Nesting really sucks when you live in an apartment.
I loved you following me around Sara, sigh, I miss those days...
I can actually hear Ryan saying that in my head.
Oh, I remember that near the end of my pregnancy. My mom was here and I would stand by (tired, cranky, and probably critical) as she and the Duke would move stuff, install stuff, etc. I hated feeling useless, but the Duke always reminded me that I had my own major construction project underway, and that was more than enough.
I think that's your cue to take his credit cards and head to the mall. Maybe he'll like you shadowing him then, huh?
so fun. how is the house coming? are pictures on their way?
This isn't a boring post. If your blog turns into a photo album of your baby doing any of a thousand things, then it will be boring.
Post a Comment