Friday, October 31, 2008

I Voted


Yesterday I went to the library to return an overdue library book and there was no parking spots available in the lot due to early voting. I parked on the street and was way too close to the truck ahead of me, if I would've tried backing up I would've rolled forward and rammed him. I don't have the leave the e-brake on while you release the clutch to avoid rolling forward on a hill skill. I decided that I would go wait in line to vote and by the time I got out hopefully that truck would be gone. I waited in line for 45 minutes and listened to people moan and groan about standing in line. I don't know what came over me, but I said quite loudly "At least we have the right to vote. The line will be even longer on Tuesday. And if that doesn't help, just pretend you're at DISNEYLAND!"

I guess not everyone loves Mickey Mouse as much as I do, I got a lot of angry stares.

Then a man was on the phone and he was telling someone which exit to take to get to the library to vote and he gave the wrong exit, so I told him, loudly, "It's exit 334. Sorry, I was eavesdropping. No, not eavesdropping, but you are on the phone and it's impossible not to hear you."

I was hoping someone would throw a bucket of water on me and I would disappear like the Wicked Witch of the West I was channeling. I wanted to disappear into nothingness and not be the crazy lady in line who just yelled at everyone, then told some stranger he doesn't know his directions, but I didn't. I stood my ground, cast my ballot, and went home and had an apple.

Hey, at least the truck was gone when I got back out to my car.

5 comments:

Robert or Liz said...

I am two blocks away from Barrack Obama right now. In fact I can see him from the window. Do I want to join the fun? No. I think I'll get all the fun I can handle if he gets elected.

Megan said...

Sara, the world would be a much better place if there were more people like you in it!

Anonymous said...

Your the coolest! I would like to say you could be my daughter but you're not.

Anonymous said...

I am happy to say that you are my daughter, and Doug is right, you are the coolest. I love you Sara. Mom

The Yarn Queen said...

I love you too Sara and I claim you for a daughter. So now we are fighting over you. Don't you feel special and tingley inside.
I wish I could have been there with you, I would have rooted you on. Besides they could have brought a chair if it was such a hard ship to stand in line.