Tuesday, October 28, 2008

For Liz

I think we all owe Liz a big apology for so much ridicule over her wanting to name her baby Homer. According to this list of baby names, it's hip. I see a lot names on here that we're considering for our little feller. It's a good list of names.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just go to a tourist trap gift shop and pick a name of a coffee cup. You will notice that the selection of names will fill the following requirements to name a baby without burdening him or her for a lifetime and earning their undying hatred.
1 must be no question about which sex the person is. (what's that, it's Pat)
2 must be traditional spelling. If you hear it can you spell it. If you see it can you say it. (Linette with an "I" has been correcting people for a half century)
3 initials must not spell a bad word. Homer Oliver Garff
4 two syllabel names for one sylabel last names.
5 must use Linette or Doug somewhere in the name

Anonymous said...

Just go to a tourist trap gift shop and pick a name of a coffee cup. You will notice that the selection of names will fill the following requirements to name a baby without burdening him or her for a lifetime and earning their undying hatred.
1 must be no question about which sex the person is. (what's that, it's Pat)
2 must be traditional spelling. If you hear it can you spell it. If you see it can you say it. (Linette with an "I" has been correcting people for a half century)
3 initials must not spell a bad word. Homer Oliver Garff
4 two syllabel names for one sylabel last names.
5 must use Linette or Doug somewhere in the name

Keiauni said...

hey! two of my kids names were on the "list"... and I thought at the time I was so ORiGinAL naming my son Asher:) (and got a TON of flack for it to boot!)

My favorite boy names right now are "Crew" and "Indie"

I'm excited to hear what you name the little guy.

The Yarn Queen said...

I vote for the W name myself. I'll also take George over Homer. You have to think about jinxing your child for his life. Homer is jinxed.

Liz said...

missing you like crazy, lil sis.

diana said...

Bummer to see Lennon on the list. That's the name we've been planning on for our next girl. They had it on there as a boy.

Anonymous said...

I was happy to see Lola on the list. Milo is very cute...