Friday, October 17, 2008

The best $60 I've ever spent.

If you live in Utah (or Iowa) or anywhere cold in the winter, and you have a really old house with zero insulation and you have single pane windows that you can feel the cold air blowing through at night, I have a suggestion.

Flannel sheets.

I bought some flannel sheets on Monday and they have been absolutely heaven. There's no cold spot in the bed and my husband doesn't have to rub his big old cold feet all over me trying to warm them up because they're already warm. Plus, you don't have that cold shock of getting into bed which feels like your bed is actually an ice skating rink. PLUS, they come in white. So I can still have that all white bed that makes me so happy.

Flannel sheets, I love you.

4 comments:

Kate Smith said...

Well. I have to admit, I hate flannel sheets. I feel like a caterpillar in a caccoon and you can't get out, and every time you move, you just get more wrapped up. I strongly recommend an electric blanket instead. That way, your side can be on high and the hubby's side can be on low! We miss you!

Krin said...

I love flannel sheets too. I was just thinking that it is about time to put the flannel sheets on. It makes me quite excited just thinking about it!

The Yarn Queen said...

I hate flannel sheets too, they gave me claustraphobea and my jammys stuck to them. Yuck! And now I don't need them I just have a hot flash to warm me up. So how do you like that.

Liz said...

In the middle of winter last year, we bought flannel sheets. They changed my life.