Tuesday, September 9, 2008

I like to watch you eat it, it's my favorite part.

When I went on my first date with my future husband he ordered a burrito. I remember watching him eat it and thoroughly enjoying watching him eat. That hasn't stopped. There's a few things about the way he eats that make it so entertaining.

Number one is the size of his bites, they're HUGE.

Number two is that he doesn't switch hands with his fork and knife. When I eat with a fork and a knife, I use my right hand to cut my food with my knife, then put my knife down and switch my fork to my right hand to eat. I think most people do this. I know there's someone out there that's going to tell me that Americans do that, in Europe they don't switch hands. Well, we don't live in Europe nor has my husband ever been to Europe.

Number three is that he will eat one item at a time until it's gone. For example he'll eat all his vegetables, then the main course, then the salad, in that order.

Number four, he doesn't take a drink until he's done with his entire meal, then he'll drink a whole glass of water without taking a breath.

Number five is when he catches me watching him eat and asks me "what are you grinning at you ghost?"

I fall in love with him all over again every night over the dinner table.

3 comments:

Megan said...

What a treat to have dinner and show every night!

diana said...

I love the Field of Dreams quote!

That is the best eating ritual I've ever heard. I wish I could invite you guys over for dinner. Actually, why can't I? Next time you're in town, there's an open ended invitation.

THE COX FAMILY said...

That is so cute. I love it.