
My auntie KIM hosts a big Halloween Party every year complete with Chilli, brain jello, pinatas, decorations that Martha Stewart would envy, and costumes, costumes, costumes. Liz and Bob always won the prize for best costume...there wasn't really a prize but I gave it to them in my head every year. Last year was the first year they lived out of state and couldn't attend. Let me back track, when Liz and Bob first got married none of the adults really dressed up, with the exception of my uncle Bill wearing a pumpkin on his head or Auntie wearing Billy Bob teeth. But really, no one dressed up. Okay back on track, now every year people come up with awesome ideas. Last year we had some Murray High cheerleaders, 80's prom queens, a scary vampire, a lady bug, Napolean and Deb just to name a few.
What are some of your favorite costumes you've seen, been, websites, etc.? Keep in mind that it's going to be really hard to convince Ryan to wear a costume, lame, I know.
13 comments:
I made a swatted fly costume for my mom a few years back. Maybe she'll let you borrow it.
PS when you think of something, I am an expert at designing costumes on the cheap
My brother and his wife are the same way. They always show up in the best costumes every year. Last year they were Homer & Marge Simpson. It was awesome! They have been planning this years' costume since last Halloween and they won't dish. I wanted to be Betty from Ugly Betty last year. Maybe I'll do it this year.
Han Solo and Princess Leia ALL THE WAY!! I seriously love STAR WARS!
One year I got Judd to dress up in a mullet wig, with tattoo sleeves and ripped jeans... IT WAS TOO COOL.
Keiauni,
My sis and her husband were Han and Leia already. I love Star Wars too.
I am not very creative either, so I might be peeking in on this post for a while to get some good ideas too. Lets see, two years ago Court and I dressed up Like 80's Prom King and Queen, which I was quite surprised Court dressed up with me. Good Luck with that.
Remember when you lived in CA and we had a super long talk about what costume you would wear? That is one of my favorite memories. I'm giggling now as I think of it.
Another idea: How about Gomez and Morticia Addams from "The Addams Family" That one might be easy to pull off!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Addams_Family
Remember when we got all excited for Halloween, got dressed up, went to the gym and worked out in our costumes and then stayed home and cleaned our bedroom?
Best Halloween Ever.
The Princess has great ideas.
I liked my swatted fly still have it
The other really easy one was a puppy, It was a headband with ears and a nose. Sappy but easy.
David went as a pharmacist. origianal huh.
So I know this might not be the most appropriate but its so funny and I can't imagine it would be hard to make or be very expensive, Be an outlet and a plug. I saw a picture of a some girls from high school do it. It was classic.
priest and nun, washer and dryer made with boxes, i've run out of ideas already. i'll keep thinking.
You know how Halloween has become the official "free day to dress up like a skank and no one will think badly of you" day? Well last year I saw two girls dressed up like plastic surgery patients. Their costumes essentially consisted of that paper tarp stuff patients are covered in before surgery. I think they win award for most clever way to wear the least amount of clothing.
--note: I am not promoting this costume idea :)
Post a Comment