Tuesday, July 8, 2008

What is it with me and food?

I have a confession. I've hemmed and hawed (I have no idea if that's how you spell hemmed and hawed but I say that all the time.) I've hemmed and hawed about whether or not to blog about this story. Well, I've come to a conclusion. I would rather make people laugh than hold back such a gem of a story, even if I am the object of the laughter.

I was at work a couple of weeks ago and I didn't bring my lunch. I had a protien shake for breakfast at 5:30 in the morning and those things only hold me over for about 2 hours. I was starving. I had the shakes. I couldn't concentrate. I don't like to eat fast food lunches, I don't want to spend the money, I mean they have too many calories. Just as I was contemplating forking out 5 bucks for Wendy's, I saw it. My co-worker had thrown away a bag of Sour Cream and Chives potato chips. She brought some from home in a gallon bag, ate what she wanted and threw the rest away. What was a girl to do? I didn't even hesitate. I snatched that bag right out of the garbage and ate every last crumb.

I guess I can relate to this guy.


I don't regret it.

6 comments:

Liz said...

HA! That was worth turning on my computer today!

Phoebe said...

LOL I can't believe you did that! I would just really want to, but never have the courage.

Shannon Smith said...

Desperate times call for desperate measures!

THE COX FAMILY said...

Thank you for the laugh. I really needed it today.

The Yarn Queen said...

You crazy women.....

The Yarn Queen said...

I should take you to camp with me next year you would fit right in.