Today is my last day of work for the week. Ryan and I are going to spend the long weekend here. We will be camping with Paul and Vi (Ryan's dad and his wife), Kirstin, Eric, Chris and two of his friends Adam who goes by Bruce and his wife Amy, I don't know the latter two people very well. I met them on the 4th, they have a daughter named Stella, they must be pretty cool.
Ryan went to the parade last year so I guess I can go to the lake this year.
Oh how I'll miss you marathon runners, stake floats with the theme "Still Pioneering Together", 1st Baptist Church choir, paper mache Salt Lake Temples, clowns on razor scooters, Costco muffins courtsey of Auntie Kim, marching bands, chants with the Lubbers, "Honk your horn" by Jeff, hoping for a Jazz float then being disappionted when there isn't one.
I hope you'll miss me, too.
I wonder if the retired Dick Norse will be making an appearance?
4 comments:
Have a great weekend, looks like a very nice campout. Have you ever been up to Monte Cristo? We were there last week for Youth Conferance.
Thanks for the memory. I remember those walks I always had a hard time keeping up with your Mom.
sara sara - i'll bet canning was so wonderful on your new range. come see us some time. Linette
Sara, saaarrra. Everyday is good time for yoooouuuuu (you know the song).
I wanted to come see you at work today, but you didn't answer your cell so I didn't venture West from the Hatfield's. How many tomatoes and what kind? Mine are green but getting ready to ripen! I'm so impressed you can can. The 1st Baptist Church had some guy in the bed of the truck that was pulling them in hot pants making Michael Jackson moves - I don't fancy he'll be in the parade next year. He was sooo gross!
love k8
you are totally inspiring me to CAN something! I am off to buy the essentials today! (My grama actually gave me all her jars, so maybe they should actually serve a purpose besides collect dust in my basement)
~~BTW, I think that you married a terrific guy! I love the GARFF family. They were good to my family when I was growing up. Kirsten was a good friend to me,
..and Paul always took me and my bro swimming when I was a little girl. The boys let me play besketball with them... on and on!
-I hope Ryan can for give me for being such a horrid little girl:)
-and yes, we all climbed the tree, and drove my Mom crazy! (that's because she is!)
Long post...sorry:)
Post a Comment