Thursday, July 17, 2008

Dead Bird.

Last night as I was walking out to water my garden I smelled something. It was the smell of death. You know what I saw on my window sill? A bird. I went to get Ryan, he was on the phone with one of his BFF's so he didn't show much interest. He just said mouthed "It's not dead yet." I plugged my nose and took a closer look. Sure enough, it looked like it was breathing.

Had this happened to my dad, he would've gotten a shoe box and a towel and decide he was going to nurse the dying bird back to health. Do you think that's what I did?

NO. I found a large rock and was going to smash it's head and put it out of it's misery. I put on a leather glove picked up the bird and discovered maggots were all over the underside of the thing. What looked like breathing was maggots moving inside the bird.

Now ask yourself if you think I felt badly that a bird rammed it's head into my window knocked itself out and died.

The answer again is NO. I just know this is one the birds that's eating at my garden.

Serves it right.

(Sorry no picture, I felt a little gruesome taking a photo of a dead bird just to go on and on about how I didn't feel any remorse for the thing.)

5 comments:

diana said...

Thank you for sparing us the photo. That's nasty.

I found a dead bird stuck to the front of my car once. I had to get someone else to come poke it off with a stick. (shudder)

Dallas said...

Picture or it didn't happen!

The Peterson's said...

Sara??? Its me Tera! I hope you remember me? I am really not a blog stalked but stumbled on your blog from Megan's. How are things? If you want stop by my blog...davidandtera.blogspot.com. I hope all is well.

THE COX FAMILY said...

Oh my Sara! You can always make me laugh. But I do feel bad for the bird if you would have smashed its head. I would never have been able to do it.

Kate Smith said...

We changed the furnace filter in an upstairs closet and there was a dead bird! I think it came in from the exhaust. Very dry, not stinky. Grabbed a bag and put it outside. Took a picture and I'll post it soon!