Friday, June 27, 2008

Couldn't come up with a title.

For the first 6 months of our marriage Ryan and I played Backgammon all the time. We took it pretty seriously. We had a dry erase board hung up in our basement keeping track of the record. I felt like the Boston Celtics. Destined for Championship. At one point in time we (Ryan) decided we shouldn't play anymore. It was bad for our marriage. (He was tired of losing.)

When Ryan and I woke up this morning to head to the gym I asked him the same question I ask him every morning. "Wanna play racquetball for cardio today?" Every time the answer is the same. "No, I'm just gonna stick to my workout." In the beginning I would plead and tell him I'd take it easy on him since he would be a rookie. He would laugh and ignore me. We'd head to the treadmills, run together then separate for the remaining of the work out. Today when I asked him he said okay.

He kicked my trash all three games. At one point in time he warned me he wouldn't keep playing with me if I kept up my fits. There was no racquet throwing, just ball throwing, which is much more sportsmanlike. Like I really thought I had a chance of beating Ryan at racquetball. He could play one handed and still beat me.

At least I've got Backgammon.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you play with a bull, you're likely to get the horn. What did you expect, it's Ryan frickin Garff, at least you got cardio out of it. Ed and I do medicine ball workouts, At some point we'll get back to crossfit full boar.

Oh with regard to the other $1.70 blog, in Iowa people dont cut in line, they dont cut you off in traffic. There is no traffic. People are nice. They teach their kids right from wrong.
It's a nice place. I would think about moving here.

The Yarn Queen said...

That last comment sounds like the Duchess and Princess debate. LOL I'll have to pay more attention to those DC thiefs. I hadn't noticed before, maybe its the area you live, but I have a few of my own pet peeves, thats another comment though. People that speed around you to get to the red light and such.

diana said...

I can just see you throwing your racquet!

THE COX FAMILY said...

I have never played racquetball or backgammon and I don't believe you would ever throw your racquet:)