Friday, June 13, 2008

Things that make me happy.

I know this is a very generic entry, but it's better than nothing, right? Right?

1. Books on CD. My car doesn't have an antenna and I hate driving in silence.
2. My Honda. It hit 200,000 miles yesterday. Other than the fact that it has no a/c and violently shakes to the point I feel my nose hairs tickling between the speeds of 61-74 I absolutely love my car.
3. Having my sissie and mom in the same state as me.
4. The garbage fairy that takes the trash out. (I'm pretty sure the garbage fairy has the same appreciation for the laundry fairy.)
5. Being able to go to Primary on Sundays. Nothing against Sunday School or Relief Society I just love those darn kids.
6. My husband who happily hangs up and assembles all my crap from the crap stores (Tai Pan and Ikea) at 9:00 at night without complaining.
7. Fresh sheets. I love washing my sheets, I do it 2-3 times a week.
8. Diet Coke. Enough said.
9. Going to see a movie at the movie house. The previews are my favorite part.
10. Ice cream. I haven't had any for a long time, I even made some homemade strawberry recently and it was gone before I was in the mood, I really love ice cream. Maybe ma' hubby will take me to Nielsen's today.
11. Making a good meal. Please don't put ketchup on potatoes that I make, it's just offensive. Okay, you can put ketchup on your potatoes if that's your preference.
12. Living in Utah. I've lived on the beach in Huntington Beach, CA and I much prefer Utah. Maybe that's just because I live with the love of my life. I could live in Nowhere, USA and love it as long as it was with him.
13. Cell phones. I know we don't really NEED them, but they sure make things convenient. I wish my sister had one so I could find her whenever I want. I don't care if she doesn't want to be available 24/7.
14. Make up. When Ryan watches me apply it he says "You've covered your face to make it all one color and now you're putting something on your cheeks to add color. That's nonsense." Yes, it is nonsense. I love it.
15. Is anyone still reading this?
16. Singing along with Sinead O'Connor with ma' hubby in the kitchen.
17. Playing games. Card games, board games, just not video games. It's especially fun when I beat Ryan. We often make people uncomfortable when we play with them.
18. Watching Jack, Creed, and Stella do stuff. It doesn't matter what they're doing. I just love to watch them. George is fun too.
19. Reading the classifieds on KSL. The wedding dresses are my favorite.
20. Online shopping and filling my cart with hundreds of dollars of items then not buying anything.

6 comments:

Megan said...

Hey, you can come clean my sheets any time you want.

Also, the Duke's grandma once put ketchup on a steak I made after telling me how tender and delicious it was. It's a good thing she's old.

THE COX FAMILY said...

And this is why I love you Sara. You are so fun and I miss spending every day all day (except weekends:) with you. And HOLY COW! The Honda Has 200,000 Miles on it. SWEET. I will always apologize for the problems it has so I'm sorry for the shaking, But it really is the best car in the entire universe. If I would have known gas was going to be the way it is now I would have never sold you that Priceless Jewel.

The Yarn Queen said...

Sara I have some of the same faves. You should tell the Duke and Duchess to move back to Utah so you guys can play games they're on that wave. They don't listen to us. Sisters should have cells phones I agree so the Mom can complain when they talk to each other and she wants to talk to one of them. They just laugh.
Cool Post its good to know what is good about life.

Linette Smith said...

you've inspired me to make a list. besides my family (kid's spouses and my sister and brother included), i like getting a fountain drink first thing in the morning, reading the newspaper, not having a dot matrix printer that constantly jammed up, being able to push on a gas peddle and having the car go (how that happens, i'm still not sure), Sharpie's to write the date on everything, etc. this project will give me something to think about in church. LS

Shannon Smith said...

While watching an Oprah episode of germs and disease, they were talking about how often you should wash your sheets to keep little buggies at bay. They recommended every five days. And Oprah says, "I change my sheets everyday." Turning to the audience, she says, "Don't you?" The general murmur in the audience was saying no. The "expert" for the day called her to the carpet for her pretentious, elitist comment and said, "Well, they don't have the household staff you do. You are Oprah after all." I loved seeing Oprah humbled a bit!

Danielle&Lincoln said...

Sara... we old work buddies should get together... I pick you to put it together.. ha ha