I was born with very good genes...in my mouth. I would go the dentist every 3-6 years and walk out feeling triumphant because I was just told I have no cavities.
The dentist would say, "I'll see you in six months, right?"
"Sure thing!" Then I snicker and think, yeah right, see ya in six years.
I've often heard that when women have babies, they're more prone to cavities. I was having a little bit of pain in my mouth.
Have I mentioned I'm afraid of the dentist? I don't even know why. Maybe it's because when I was 10 I had some really crappy dentist do a very invasive procedure in my mouth then walking home because we didn't have a car and stopping in the middle of a big high school football field and crying. I should really get over that. It was 20 years ago.
Luckily, I have a cousin who works at a dentist's office and she holds my hand and strokes my arm and comforts me through the whole terrifying experience.
Today, Dr. Jones told me I have not one, not two, not three, not four, but FIVE cavities. FIVE! I have to go back for two separate appointments to get those things filled.
I'm terrified. I would rather deliver another baby then have a cavity filled. I tend to be a little dramatic. I've never actually had a cavity filled, perhaps it won't even hurt. But I'm scared.
Yes, I'll be back in six months and I'll never skip flossing.ever.again.
5 comments:
Shannon did the same thing. Go every six months! It's much cheaper and less painful than going once a decade.
make sure to get the nitris oxide if they offer it. I too have a traumatic dental history and nitris makes it all better!
Just go for the gas! I'm scared of the dentist and it works wonders! Good luck
I have my dentist prescribe Valium that I take an hour before the appointment. You're still alert, just not panicked.
Honey, this is what drugs are FOR.
Post a Comment