I baked a lot this week. Guess how many pounds of butter I used this week in my holiday baking.
Give up?
Nine pounds. Yes nine. I think I used 15 pounds of sugar as well.
We had the Lubbers Family Christmas party a little early this year, it was on the Monday before Christmas instead of the actual holiday. My aunt sang O Holy Night, it the highlight of the whole evening.
Christmas Eve Eve was great. My husband went to a neighbor's house to fix her door and to show her gratitude she gave my husband a DVD. The real kicker is that it was a movie she rented at redbox the day before so when she gave it to him she said it just had be returned by 9pm that night. Not only did he fix her door, but we were able to return her movie as well. I've never met this neighbor but she has a sign in her yard that says "Hippies Stop Here".
I lost my cell phone this week. I kept thinking it would turn up, but it never has. I ordered a new phone today from Verizon, I really wanted to get myself something nifty, but decided I didn't deserve it because I lost the first one.
Christmas Eve...can anyone say Prime Rib? Katie really cooked up a great piece of meat and I had prime rib and horseradish dreams, way better than visions of sugar plums if you ask me. And Shannon, I really do want that Fudge recipe. I made sure I was the first one out of bed Christmas morning so I could eat the last few pieces you were kind enough to send me home with.
My mom gave in to my begging and slept at our house Christmas Eve. After sleeping in until 9, we got up opened presents and then had Belgian Waffles for breakfast. Then we were Tooele Bound. (Ryan forgot his phone, mine is lost, and my mom's won't hold a charge.) As we walked through the door at Ry's bros house, they were walking out the door to go to his in-laws. If we wanted to see them, then we had to go there too. My mom was a real super trooper and held her own in grunt at my in-law's in-law's house. Then my mom and I headed back to SLC to buy movie tickets and save seats while Ry and his little brother went to visit one of their BFF's.
Then the storm hit.
That's when I realized how attached I am to my phone. I couldn't call the guys and tell them to bag the movie because the storm was here and we should probably just go home. Anyhoo, they arrived safely and we watched Yes Man then journeyed home. We only saw one slide off on our way home.
That's it. I didn't take any pictures.
I also made a turkey for the heck of it.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.
5 comments:
which aunt sang? i love your blog. ls
9 lbs of butter. I cannot stop drooling.
i would be so lost without my phone... i'm sorry. is that why you didn't reply when i texted you for a book recommendation for my flight?
how was "yes man"? funny? worth theater ticket prices?
btw, since you didn't reply i got the sequel to confessions of a shopaholic. loved it. now i'm reading anne of green gables. i've never read it but i love it so far.
happy new year!
Just checking for an update. Weah ah you?
Sara Wait Garff!! I was DYING at your last post. I just love you and miss you so much! The story about your neighbor was classic and I could even hear you telling it out loud. I just love you!! :)
Post a Comment