Hotmail made some changes and now my crappola computer at work doesn't work correctly for me. I can read emails but I can't respond. My computer is from Jurassic Park.
I'm also interested in stroller reviews. What do you like, what do you not like? I don't know how I ever thought I would be ready for motherhood when I can't even decide on a stroller.
8 comments:
I have had a string of bad strollers. It's a bit like a bad relationship.
My advice is, buy a really nice stroller. Not the Graco stroller that comes with the infant seat. That's not good enough.
It may seem like a lot of money at first but when I add up how much I spent on cheap strollers that disappointed me at crucial times, broke and were replaced, I easily spent as much as if I'd just bought a really good one to begin with.
Also, make sure you buy something that can grow from infant to toddler. Meaning, it lays flat and it's nice to be able to attach your infant carrier seat.
When I finally got a good stroller, I got a Quinny and it has been great. I used to drool over Peg Perego Pliko strollers. I'd recommend checking those out.
Kate has taken it upon herself to be my stroller advisor. The only problem is she's recommending strollers that cost as much as I could sell my car for.
Does anyone have experience with the Chicco travel system?
They look nice, and can be purchased for less than a grand.
My advice to you is that you get a stroller/carseat combo. I have a Graco one that is great. The carseat comes right out of the car and snaps into the stroller(great for when your baby is asleep so you don't have to wake him up). It is kind of bulky but it has cupholders and room in the bottom to store your purse and your shopping bags.
I can't even tell you how excited I am that you are having a baby!!! I can't wait to meet the little stinker.
I can't tell you how excited I am YOU are having a baby! And Kara too!
So, you may think it odd that I, a childless wife, and business student, would be the one to make stroller recommendations. But I've got a few tips.
Cupholders, cupholders, cupholders. Big wheels (prefer solid, not inflated so you can't get a flat tire), one-touch folding, and lots of space for stuff, and a handle that you don't have to bend over to push - like Shannon's Quinny.
So, my latest inquisition was into the Stokke Xplory http://www.babybungalow.com/stexbast.html . However, for a cool $1200, it doesn't come with cupholders! It does transition from infant to Toddler and doesn't have a lot of storage space. Has high center of gravity, which Kara doesn't like.
The Stokke Trip Trap is a cool chair/high chair for about $229, available on KSL right now for $75.
So, the next option is the Orbit Baby http://www.orbitbaby.com/, as seen on The Office. It does go from car to stroller but not infant to toddler. Its about $900. And, no cupholders.
The Bugaboo Chameleon has big wheels in back, like a wheelchair, and goes infant to toddler, but not to car. Expensive. But, there is an awesome knockoff but I can't remember the brand.
There is the ever-famous Bob stroller, about $350 with cupholder. Lots of knockoffs.
My favorite is the Phil and Ted's Vibe Double. A good friend of mine has this one. You can get a Bob cupholder for it. Rather than side by side, it's got a big pocket on the bottom that junk or a baby can fit in. And on top, a place for up to a Toddler. So, this one allows for future 'expansion' as well. About $450.
I hope someday to need the Phil and Ted but would buy any of the others if I found them for the right price on KSL.
And, the complete systems are pry the best!
k8
I say get a stroller that can fit the carseat in it. It makes life so much easier!!!
Kate is right about the cupholders and the wheels. You need lots of storage that is easy to access under the baby's seat as well. You'll see strollers that include a tray for baby's snacks: that's a waste, I'm not saying avoid strollers with this feature, I'm just saying don't let it be a deciding factor. And, of course, you want something stylish and classic that will still be stylish for your fifth kid. I wish I would have bought the peg perego ten years ago. In the long run it would have saved me a lot of money. It comes in lots of colors, but my favorite is the grey and orange. So. so. cute.
Wow, who knew that people would have so much to say about strollers.
I have the peg perago aria OH and matching car seat (in orange and gray- Liz and I know what's stylish) and I LOVE LOVE LOVE it.
Why?
-9 lbs- I can pick it up and put it in my SUV with one hand, also great for traveling.
-one hand folding and steering (you have to learn to do everything with one hand)
-the car seat just snaps right in
-when they are older, it reclines all the way, and they fit in it for a long time
-the kids tray comes off if you want
things I don't love about it, but wouldn't trade it away because of these things (although some would)
-it's hard to get anything in or out of the basket when the car seat is in the stroller
-its cup holder is worthless, but you can buy a better one
Also, what ever you decide to buy, I recommend albeebaby.com. I got a great deal on my stroller and JH's "big kid" car seat on there.
My 2 cents worth. Get a good stroller and maybe one that accomadates 2, because once you get started who knows what will happen. Love your joining the baby boom.
Post a Comment