Monday, November 17, 2008

Last UTA for 10 weeks.

That was the text message I received from Ryan on his way home from guard this weekend.

UTA=guard weekend=me being unproductive for 2 days. Yeah, yeah, I did laundry, cleaned the floors, cleaned the kitchen, went grocery shopping, cleaned the bathrooms, made my sister a Family Home Evening Board, but really I did nothing productive.

I did, however, watch 5 movies this weekend. Two of which I watched two times. Plus I went with my mom to see Quantum of Solace. That equals 8 movies. I'm not going to tell you which movies I watched or which movies I watched twice. I want you to guess from a quote from each movie.

Movie #1
"It's just nice to meet another human that shares my affinity for elf culture."

Movie #2
"You have bewitched me body and soul, and I love, I love, I love you. I never wish to be parted from you from this day on."

Movie #3
"I don't know if I oughta go sailin' down no hill with nothin' between the ground and my brains but a piece of government plastic."

Movie #4
"This isn't a bag sir. This is so much more than a bag."

Movie #5, and one of my all-time favorites...
"The fidelity bank and trust is a tough creditor. You make a deposit somewhere else, they close your account...FOREVER!"

Now name the movies and which ones I watched twice and you might get a surprise from me in the mail.

9 comments:

Shannon Smith said...

I only know Movie #2 - which I believe you and I watched late late late one night. That is probably my favorite line from the entire movie. I won't say what it is because I wouldn't want to give anyone an answer!!

Shannon Smith said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shannon Smith said...

Oh, and if it had been me, that's the one I would've watched at least twice.

mae said...

...um, you would really call that unproductive? I guess it's official: I am lazy.

I for sure know number one, two and am pretty sure about five but feel like a cheater guessing because we were talking about these movies yesterday

THE COX FAMILY said...

I can only name #2. I'll say it I'm not afraid. Pride and Prejudice. And I bet you watched it twice. I would. I'm a loser and can't think of any of the others, though they do sound familiar. Someones got to know. Tell us. Please.

diana said...

I watched ELF this weekend too! And I watched it 3 times! Ok, maybe 4. Plus the bonus features. I'm SO excited for Christmas! I'm guessing you watched it twice. It's one of those must see twice movies.

The second, P&P. I've never seen it, but I read it in someone else's comment.

#3 Christmas Vacation? And I'm guessing you watched that one twice also.

#4 When Con and I were just starting to date you highly recommended this movie to us. Those were some of the most awkward and uncomfortable moments I've ever had.

I cheated on numbers 4 and 5. I typed it into Google. So I know the answer but I won't say. But one of the top ten results in the google search was "the Garff Family" . . . Crazy. I hope there are no stalkers out there.

Keiauni said...

I watched ELF, too! I love it when he sings "Baby, It's Cold Outside" with Jovee in the shower-room.

...I know a few, but I am NOT as talented as everyone else here:)

Liz said...

1. Elf
2. P&P (though I just said that to bob the other night ;)
3. C.V.
4-5: ????

Mike and Amy said...

It looks like the others have established #s 1 through 4 (although Diana didn't mention the name of #4, and I don't think I know it). #5 is "Family Man" - one of the best Christmas movies ever!