Now onto more important matters.
I have a mystery rodent in my office.
Every night for the last 2 weeks garbage, some kind of food wrapper usually, has been removed from one of the 3 trash cans in my office and is left by the door to my office. For a while, I thought it was the 86 year old man I work with that forgot where his trash can was. Then garbage from the other cans were being involved.
I set traps, lots of them, and lots of different types. I would make sure all the trash cans are empty so the thing would go for the bait instead of the more appealing trash. Guess what happened? One of the glue traps was pulled away from the wall and left by my office door. I think it may be an R.O.U.S.
Two days went by and I still hadn't caught anything.
Last night I thought I would leave food in one trash can with a glue trap on top of it. It wasn't touched.
I don't know what to do. I don't want to share my workspace with a rodent.

Now, isn't the attempted break-in story so much more entertaining?
6 comments:
Link doesn't like blogging, either, but is coming around because he knows how important it is for the adoption. Did Ryan see the Utah news last night? (my mom told me about it) I guess there was a bad blogging experience story. Considering there are a zillion and three blogs in the world, I just figure my chances of being targets are pretty slim, but don't ever say where in Seattle I live, etc. I think some people are just crazy about what they put up. Watch, I'll probably eat my words when someone tries to kidnap my baby. Little do they know I keep a bolo near his bed. (Now a Filipino won't dare try to take him!) Anyone else will have to take their chances, or figure out what a bolo is. . . and I ramble. . .
The person who was posting bad stuff on this particular blog was friend of the family. Interesting. I liked the break-in story, I hate rodents especially when working and they might be running around on my feet. Shudder....lift feet off ground..
Aw, I miss the break in post. Oh, well. I bet the rodent running around your feet is not nearly as cute and cuddly as GusGus and JackJack, but now you are one step closer to a Cinderella Life!
Ew. Rodents are gross. I still wouldn't count the 86 year old man out. Maybe his aim is just getting worse...
R.O.U.S.'s? I don't think they exist...
I had the same problem last summer. I saw it run across my floor and screamed like a girl. The 85 men and 1 woman I work with made fun of me for weeks. But, I told them no one got paid that week until the rodent was caught. I had several men running around my office chasing it out. It hasn't been back since.
Post a Comment