Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Answers

#1 Elf ~ If you ask me, this is Will Farrell's best movie. Just behind Elf is Kicking and Screaming. The Rose's and I saw this at the dollar theatres and ho ho ha, it was a good one.


#2 Pride and Prejudice ~ Just love it. And I think you're right, Shannon. We did watch this late one evening, there was probably treats involved.


#3 Christmas Vacation ~ I can't get enough of Cousin Eddie. I watched this movie twice.


#4 Love Actually ~ I can't suggest that anyone see this movie. It's rated R and it is very inappropriate. I fast forward a lot of scenes and I still need to repent.


#5 The Family Man ~ If you haven't seen it, rent it. You can thank me later. The scene in the airport at the end will most definitely pull on your heart strings. I watched this one twice.


I put up my Christmas decorations this weekend. Thanksgiving is far too late in the month of November this year to have to wait until it's over. I've been listening to Jewel's Christmas album for weeks. Yes Diana, I thought of Kerry singing as we decorated our tree in HB. I just love love love Christmas. I also can't wait to do my holiday baking, mmmm mint brownies.

Yesterday was Ryan's birthday. His is such a lame-o about his birthday. He doesn't want to celebrate it. We had hot dog casserole (yes that was his choice and yes it's as disgusting as it sounds) and I made him a red velvet cake. At least he requested a delicious birthday cake, it was heaven on a plate. I resisted having a piece while I watched The Biggest Loser.

I would call Diana as the winner, she knew most of the movies and she knew I watched Christmas Vacation twice. Email me your address and I'll get you a prize in the snail mail.

8 comments:

The Yarn Queen said...

I'd say you were pretty darn productive for the week-end, that's a whole month worth of activity for me. As far a movies you are way out of my league. Can't rememeber when I last watch a movie.

Dallas said...

All great movies--I haven't seen P&P, although I encourage Shannon to watch it when there's an xbox game I want to play for a couple hours--but I'll take her word for it. I think I have an edited version of Love Actually, I'll check. Every year I put Billy Mack's (the aged rock star in the movie) song on my Christmas playlist. There are so many stars in that movie--it's a shame they had that ONE storyline that made the whole movie rated R. Stupid film industry people.

Liz said...

The first three are my faves on the list. I haven't seen Family Man in awhile, I need to revisit it, I do remember enjoying it quite a bit.

I'm getting excited for new wave jello! Are you?

Liz said...

P.S. If I remember correctly, we also saw Elf at the theater together . . . . during our Thankfully Disney Days.

diana said...

Yay! Thanks for picking me even though I cheated on the last two.

I love your idea of putting up the decorations early. I'll have to follow suit. I was just looking at the calendar today thinking that it was a shame I'd only have my tree up for two weeks (the first week of Dec I'll be in Utah, and the week of Christmas I'll be in Canada).

See you next week!

Keiauni said...

I LOVE the family man! I think it is a remake of an old Jimmy Stewart movie called...hmmm...can't remember.

...Anything with Jimmy Stewart in it is Terrific! (hmmm, was that a bit if a tangent?)

Excuse me while I go watch "It's a Wonderful life"

Robert or Liz said...

I hate working all the time, I think I'm always at work. Too bad I missed the contest, cant remeber the last time I got to watch a movie. This is me we are talking about. If I wasn't a doctor, I would want to be a gaffer, an editor, or a foley,( the sound guy not the catheter). So sad I missed out on the movie trivia.

Did you see the news story the other day about the lady in Australia who had surgery with paraytic and no anesthesia.
Weird stuff.

Christie said...

Love Actually is one of my top three favorite movies of all time. Seriously the best show. Except for all those naked bits. But still worth watching every Christmas anyway.