My bro-in-law Chris is a great teacher, he's patient when he needs to be, yet dishing out tough love when needed as well. Like the time he told me "that grip's not going to *fudging* cut it."
Well, Chris gave me some instructions and guess what happened? I had my first real cut, it was awesome.
So in a shameless self-promotion, I'm posting two pictures of myself.

This picture is one of the first trips to the lake this year (I'm quite embarassed to post this picture, it's not very flattering).
href="https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEhZxAl8HZzlpeVV__yo0Z5q-wKT3MDrbGe5FBl9JGmvM1wrukMAciQnRb-lHvtVEa4maW1KhrIyPXznYcXNL_z59KEnrbXPyK5jYVK9hPU34vs2d2_xuidfTeLNtMBSoN4i4bKjsV2YXjWd/s1600-h/Alturas+048.jpg">

This photo is my honest to goodness cut. Thanks for the lessons Chris, I know you're reading this.
One piece of instruction that Chris gave me that I'll only forget once, "Don't pull the rope into your body when crossing the wake. Trust the boat." If you pull the rope in, the ski goes out from under you and no matter how hard you squeeze your cheeks, you're getting an enema, and it's going to feel like nothing you've ever experienced, ever. Note to self: Listen to Chris when he tells you to do something.
7 comments:
I've experienced one of the water enemas from wake boarding and I wasn't doing anything nearly as exciting as cutting the wake.
Congrats on your new skill.
Sara, your hysterical! You look fabulous, congrats on increasing your cool factor!
YOU ARE AWESOME!! I remember you asking for advice on how to get up! Now look at you. You look Amazing
After experiencing a water skiing enema, I ran home and bought a bidé for use in the comfort of my own home!
Sara, you are wicked awesome. Canning apricots one day and cutting the wake the next. I can't wait to see your next skill . . .
Holy Moly! You are my HERO!!
You look great out there girl...Great Job!
It makes my cheeks pucker just thinking about my water enema. Lots of empathy here. Watch that..
I could do it all on two boards but they (David) never could get me up on one. I almost drowned myself trying though, i guess that counts somewhere.
Post a Comment